Dental implants are artificial replacements for natural tooth roots and are often a great, long-term option for replacing missing or damaged teeth. Made of materials that are compatible with the human body, dental implants are surgically placed in your jawbone in order to operate as a strong foundation for replacement teeth. They are designed to blend in with your surrounding teeth.
From the replacement of a single missing tooth to extensive reconstruction, dental implants offer the healthiest and most natural-looking result. Your current oral health status and age help determine if dental implants are an option for you. At Rock Family Dental, our dentists will examine these factors, as well as dental implant costs, as they evaluate the best treatment for missing teeth.
Dental Implant Advantages:
- Improved Speech – Implants look and feel like natural teeth. Often times when patients are missing teeth or wear ill-fitting dentures or partials they have difficulty with speech that has a lisp or sounds mumbled or slurred.
- Increased Comfort – Implants help resolve temporomandibular joint pain or bite problems that result from teeth drifting into the areas where teeth are missing.
- Restore Chewing and Digestion – Ill-fitting dentures that slide around while eating do not allow for proper chewing which leads to digestive issues. Implant supported dentures allow you to chew your food well enough to facilitate proper digestion.
- Easier Maintenance – You brush and floss your implant as you do your natural teeth, unlike a bridge that requires extra effort to floss the underside. If an issue develops with any of the teeth involved in a bridge the entire bridge will have to be replaced.
- Replace One or More Missing Teeth without Affecting Adjacent Teeth – Implants are supported by the artificial root, instead of nearby teeth, which prevents unnecessary stress on adjacent teeth, ultimately helping to preserve your natural teeth.
- Enhanced Appearance – Implants provide a more youthful appearance by preventing further bone loss. When you lose a tooth, you also lose bone as your other teeth shift in an attempt to fill the space. Bone loss, left unchecked, will result in a collapsed and sunken in face which in turn causes further wrinkles and sagging skin. Dental implants can make you look years, or even decades younger. This prevention of bone loss is an added benefit that dentures and partials alone cannot match.
- Rejuvenate Your Smile and Your Confidence – Quality implants offer beauty, form and function as well as reassurance when you smile, eat or speak. Thanks to implants, you’ll be eager to smile broadly for the camera, enjoy a dinner date and chat with friends like you used to!